Announcing the 2017 Special Appeal: Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies
Coach for Kids brought to you by Wellness in The Schools
There is still time to donate to our Special Appeal! Make a gift using the secure form below.
Coach for Kids will provide trained fitness professionals at Epiphany campuses. They will reinvent recess by training school staff and providing fitness education to students. Our daily goal is for students to return to class after lunch and recess ready to focus and learn.
Coach for kids includes:
- Takes place daily in the schoolyard, Parish Hall or the gym during recess
- WITS Coaches facilitate interactive games and activities for all skill levels, inspiring even the least active kids to move
- Engages children in physical activity, even on rainy days when limited to indoor spaces
- Promotes positive and structured playtime, discouraging conflicts and bullying
WITS PLAY DAYS
- Throughout the year, WITS offers Play Days, unique activity days where WITS Coaches and WITS Fitness Partners teach students new games and fitness skills
FAMILY FITNESS FUN NIGHT
- During Family Fitness Fun Night (FFFN), students and their families participate in exciting fitness classes led by WITS Coaches and Fitness Partners (e.g. yoga, Zumba, and soccer)
- Provides an opportunity for the entire family to come together in a fun and festive atmosphere.
WITS FIT BITS
- Takes place in the classroom during the school day
- Short physical activity breaks during academic time are proven to help activate the brain, improve on-task behavior, and strengthen students’ ability to focus
EQUIPMENT & PLAYGROUNDS
- Epiphany will be purchasing portable sports equipment & beautifying our playgrounds over the summer
Our goal is to raise $90,000 for this initiative to teach our children healthy habits that will last a lifetime
Click HERE to support the special appeal in advance!See More News